Beard Butter is made of ingredients like shea butter, wax, and other essential oils. If you want to keep your beard healthy and hydrated, beard butter is a perfect choice. What else does beard butter do?
Beard butter not only moisturizes your beard but also moisturizes your skin underneath your beard. As a result, it prevents beard dandruff and itchiness. Secondly, it tames flyaways and helps in styling your beard.
Let’s talk in detail about it!
Benefits of Beard Butter
1. Prevents Beard dandruff
Beard dandruff arises due to dry skin and is one of the common problems while growing a beard.
Suppose you use a harsh product like regular soap and a normal cleanser. It cleanses your beard but removes the natural oil needed to keep your beard moisturized. As a result, your skin becomes dry, and beard dandruff arises.
Meanwhile, applying beard butter moisturizes your beard that prevents dandruff.
2. Moisturize Your Beard
Beard butter is the perfect solution to moisturize your beard because it contains wax, shea butter, and essential oils. It has a light hold thus spreads quickly all across your beard. As a result, it works as a deep conditioner to moisturize and soften your beard.
3. Prevents Itchiness
The main cause of itchiness is ingrown hair and beard dandruff. Beard butter can’t stop ingrown hair, but taking precautions while shaving a beard does prevent it.
Meanwhile, beard butter can stop beard dandruff. Applying a scoop of beard butter evenly all across your beard moisturizes it and prevents beard dandruff along with itchiness.
4. Helps in styling your beard
If you want to have an appealing beard, you must style it.
First, you must trim it, and once you trim it, you provide shape to it. To provide shape to it, you can use beard butter. For so, you can take a scoop of beard butter and apply it all across your beard and comb it with a wooden comb to your ideal shape. It works perfectly. You can check why I suggest you use a wooden comb here.
However, if you have a long beard, I recommend using beard balm because it has a stronghold and lasts longer than beard butter.
5. Keeps your beard healthy
After applying beard butter, it enters inside the skin through pores and stimulates the hair follicle. As a result, you will see a shiny and good-looking beard.
6. Helps Unclogging the pores
Underneath your beard, there are many dirt and dust particles trapped into it. It blocks the pores and causes breakout. To prevent it, you must cleanse it. For so, you can use beard butter. The vitamins amalgamated into it cleanse the blocked pores.
7. Beard Butter has a pleasant smell
One of the other reasons to prefer beard butter is also because of its smell. You can find varieties of beard butter with a pleasant aroma.
I recommend you to choose beard butter with a soft smell because preferring the hard smell might irritate you. Whatsoever, it’s a personal preference. Isn’t it? Even if you like the hard fragrance, you can go for it.
However, if you have sensitive skin, you need to go for unscented beard butter. It’s the only choice for sensitive skin.
These are the benefits of beard butter that keeps your beard as well as your skin healthy.
When To Use Beard Butter?
- To keep your beard healthy and moisturized, you can use it.
- When you have oily hair, and you won’t like to use beard oil – you can prefer beard butter as an alternative. Because it isn’t that oily and on top is softer.
- When you don’t like the hardening effect of beard wax – you can prefer beard butter. It has a soft hold and spreads quickly all across your beard.
It is totally a personal choice on ‘when to use beard butter.
I suggest using beard butter if you have a medium-length beard, wanted to have a soft hold and to keep it hydrated and shiny.
How To Use Beard Butter?
- Firstly you need to take a scoop of beard butter with the help of your fingers. The scoop depends upon the beard length. If you have a long beard, you will need to apply a bit more scoop compared to that of a short beard.
- Rub it in your palm and gently apply it evenly all across your beard. Make sure that you use it in your skin underneath your beard too. Doing so moisturizes your beard as well as your skin. As a result, it reduces the risk of having beard dandruff.
- Now, comb it with the help of a brush or comb. Combing your beard helps to spread butter all across your beard.
- Now provide an excellent looking shape to it.
- Finally, wash your hand.
Does beard butter help beard growth?
There is no proof that beard butter helps in beard growth but provides necessary nutrients to boost up the growth process.
Beard butter helps moisturize your beard and skin, keeps it healthy, and helps boost the beard growth process. If you seek the alternatives of beard oil and beard balm, beard butter is a perfect choice. It has a soft hold and a pleasant smell and, on top, helps to provide a vivid look to your beard.