Ayurveda is the oldest healing system. It heals your entire body. Not only is it good for healing but also good for hair growth. Thus, in this post, I will discuss ayurvedic treatment for beard growth.
Ayurveda helps to maintain the blood circulation in your body. It reduces stress and keeps your body healthy. Along with Ayurveda, if you take a proper diet, you can possess a lustrous beard.
For this, firstly, I will discuss:
Yoga for good facial hair growth
Shirshasana( Headstand )
In this asana, you will stand by your head. While standing, the bloodstream will be upside down. This can result in a good flow of blood to the upper part of your body.
- Firstly, sit in child posture
- Hold your elbows with the opposite arm
- Keep them right in front of your legs
- Now, interlace your finger and place them firmly
- Lift your hips up
- Place your crown in that frame
- Tuck your toes
- Start walking and make sure your spinal cord is inline
- Bend both of your knees up and then your legs
- Keep your core engaged
- Release how you enter
- Relax in child posture
Sarvangasana( shoulder stand )
Sarvangasana is another yoga pose well for hair growth. In this asana, you will stand at your shoulder. This yoga oxygenates your head and reduces stress. Additionally, it relieves anxiety and, on top, increases blood circulation.
- For this pose, firstly you need to lie down in your back.
- Bring your legs up towards the sky.
- You push your hip all the way forward.
- Bring your chest closer to your chin.
- Elongate the lower part of your body
- Create nice inversion
- Keep your breath normal.
- Hold it as long as you can
- Ultimately, release and bend your knee and relax.
Ustrasana( camel pose ) – best blood flow
Ustrasana – In this yoga, you will pose like a camel. Here, your face lies downward. Therefore, this will improve the blood flow to the upper part of your body, including your face and scalp. Thus, this yoga also promotes beard growth.
- Firstly, you will need to kneel down
- Your knees should be 6 inches apart
- Inhale and put your thumbs toward the waistline
- Support your lower back.
- While inhaling – bend slightly backward
- Put your hipline outward and keep your chest upward
- Slowly drop your head back
Shashankansana( Rabbit pose )
Shashankansana is the counter posture of Ustrasana. Doing this yoga, blood circulation will be greatly improved. Thus, it leaves you with lustrous hair.
- For this yoga, firstly sit in your knees.
- Grab your heels such that your thumb should be outside and fingers should be inside
- Exhale and fold forward
- Forward on your knees and exhale completely
- As you inhale – lift your buttock toward the ceiling.
- Pull your heel as you going to lift your heel but do not lift it.
- Keep on breathing
- Sit back in child posture and roll up.
Chakrasana( wheel pose )
Chakrasana is another yoga where you will bend your back and touch the floor with your hand. This pose is also known as a wheel pose. It also improves your blood circulation.
For this yoga, you will need to do the following things:
- Put your legs wide apart.
- There must be a 1 ft gap between the leg.
- Place left thumb on the right shoulder and vice versa.
- Feel somebody is pulling your head towards the ceiling
- Lengthen your neck
- Push your butt forward
- Push your abdomen toward the ceiling
- Drop your neck down
If you want to touch the floor with your hand,
- Shoot your fingers up towards the ceiling
- Keep looking at your finger.
- Arch back
- Keep looking at your back.
- Touch the floor
- While coming up don’t bend your elbow.
I have discussed several poses of yoga for beard growth. Now, let’s hop into some ayurvedic recipes for beard growth.
Recipes for beard growth
Tomato Carrot and Beet Root Juice
This juice increases blood in your body. It also improves blood circulation.
To make this juice, you will need:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot and
- 1/2 beetroot
- Grind it in a grinder and make a delicious juice
- Drink it every day in the morning
Raisin, Figs, and Dates
Raisin contains vitamin B, iron, potassium, and antioxidants. Figs are rich in vitamin C. Dates contain iron that keeps your hair stronger.
With combinations of all these ingredients, it stimulates hair growth keeping it healthy and shiny.
For this recipe, you will need it.
- 42 Raisin
- 7 figs
- 7 dates
- Soak it in water and leave it overnight
- Drink it early in the morning
Gooseberry, False Daisy, and Black sesame seed
Gooseberry strengthens your hair. False daisy promotes beard growth and black sesame nourishes your hair. This powder combination works great for your facial hair.
- Mix 1gm each together and drink it with water
Another way to use it:
- Mix 100gm each in 1600gm water
- Make a paste and filter it
- Add some sesame oil in that paste &
- Apply before sleep
It works extremely well for hair growth.
Gooseberry powder, hot iron vessel, leaves of hibiscus
To make this paste, you will need water, gooseberry powder, and leaves of hibiscus.
- Mix these powder with water
- Heat it in an iron vessel
- Leave it overnight
- Apply it in the morning
Lemon juice, Cord, Margosa leaves
- Boil it and apply three times a week
Indian ginseng (ashwagandha) with honey.
You can also ingest Indian ginseng with honey. Or you can also mix it with a cup of milk and drink it.
It’s benefits are:
- It increases the production of melanin
- It reverses grey hair
- It also removes dandruff
- It strengthens your hair
Does Ayurveda reverse white beard?
Yes, Ayurveda can reverse white beards. The best ayurvedic treatment for reversing white beard are amla and ashwagandha.
If you want to know more about white beard treatment, you can check out our previous article here
There are many ayurvedic treatments for beard growth. Along with the recipes I’ve provided, you can follow different yoga techniques to grow beards.
All these recipes and yoga improves blood circulation and helps you to increase beard growth.
Note: Perphas these increases beard growth, there is no scientific proof. Still, good research is needed for this reveal that ayurvedic treatment is good for beard growth.