I’m 22 years old and found some white beard in my face. I was tormented for a while about my beard turning into white. On this account, I researched why my beard turned white and is there any possibilities to reverse it. Over Here is what I discovered!
Beard turns into white or grey color when you alter your lifestyle. It is equally possible when hair follicles lose a pigment named melanin that imparts color to your beard. And those premature white beards can be reversed by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You can also temporarily turn it into its original color by using beard dyes.
Let’s dive into detail!
First start with, At what age beard becomes white?
The early age, when your beard turns white, is 23-25 years old. But it started turning white after you cross 30 years old.
What are the Causes of Premature white beard?
Hair Follicle Produces Less melanin.
A hair follicle produces a pigment named melanin responsible for providing color to your hair. Your hair remains black until your hair follicle produces an abundant amount of melanin. When the amount of it gets reduced, you will perceive a discoloration of your beard.
Causes of hair follicle producing less melanin
- Age – A study shows that the production of melanin decreases by 10-20% per decade after age 30.
- Smoking & alcohol – Smoking and alcohol negatively impact your hair. Alcohol dehydrates your body that makes hair follicle brittle. As a result, your hair cascades out. Identically, smoking reduces blood flow towards the hair follicle. It partly damages your hair follicle that turns your hair whiter.
- Stress – Stress directly impacts stem cell that regenerates hair pigment. As a result of it, your hair turns whiter.
You can’t blame it, but heredity is another cause of your premature white beard. If the purpose of the white beard is a gene, you can’t turn it black again. You can, but you need to use temporary solutions like beard colors and dyes. You can guess that your hair turns into white or not by looking at the color of your father and grandfather’s beard.
Lack of Vitamins
When your body lacks vitamins, zinc, protein, minerals, and iodine – it also causes discoloration of your hair. The most important vitamin for the production of melanin is vitamin A and vitamin B12. When your body lacks these two vitamins, there is a high possibility of turning black beard into white.
Lack of a Balanced Diet Food
Nutritious food is essential to keep your beard black because these foods contain essential nutrients, vitamins, and proteins. It maintains the stable production of melanin.
Natural Remedies to reverse white beard to Black Again
Natural remedies work like a charm to reverse a white beard. But many studies show that it is just a rumour. Whatsoever, I will show you some of the ayurvedic treatment or home remedies to reverse your white beard.
1. Heena, Coconut Oil, Lemon, and vinegar
It is one of the best home remedies to turn your white hair into black. For so, you will need
- 1 cup of henna
- 1 ts of lemon juice
- 1/2 ts of coconut oil
- 2 ts of curd &
How To Apply?
- Firstly, you will need an iron bowl to mix all these ingredients because it helps to oxidize the paste.
- Now make a paste of it
- Leave it for some minutes.
- Apply it evenly into your beard
- After a few minutes rinse it with clean water.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel hydrates your beard providing it with the natural shine. There are usually two ways to use aloe vera. You can either drink aloe vera juice directly or apply a paste of it along with cow milk.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Beard
- Nourishes your beard
- Prevents beardruff
- Removes dead pore cell
3. Black Tea Remedy
Black tea remedy is one of the natural beard dye treatments to turn your white beard to black. It contains tannic acid essential to darken your hair over time. For applying black tea, you will need 2 tablespoons of black tea leaves and water.
How to apply?
- Boil the leaves in a bowl of water
- Leave it to cool down.
- Take out the leaves from the water and apply it gently onto your beard.
- Let it sit into your beard for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it with lukewarm water.
4. Sesame Seed
Sesame seed helps to make another natural beard dye. For this, you will need a sesame seed and a bowl of water.
How to apply?
- Soak sesame seed in water for few days.
- Now grind it to make a paste of these soft seeds.
- Gently apply it into your beard and leave it for a while
- After 10 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water.
5. Coconut oil and Curry Leaves
Coconut oil, along with curry leaves is another best home treatment for the white beard. For this to make, you will need 8-10 crushed curry leaves and few drops of coconut oil.
- Boil these leaves in coconut oil
- Leave it for a few minutes and apply the paste when it cools down.
- Let it sit in your beard for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, wash your beard with fresh water.
6. Ribbed Gourd Remedy
Ribbed gourd helps to restore the melanin pigment that gives natural color to your hair. Thus, using this remedy is the best solution for grey or white hair. For this remedy, you will need a dry ribbed gourd and few drops of coconut oil.
- Soak the dried ribbed gourd into coconut oil for a few days.
- Now boil it up until black residue is formed.
- Apply this residue into your beard and leave it for 30-45 minutes
- Finally, rinse it with clean water.
7. Sage Water
Sage water treatment is possibly the best treatment for white hair. It not only turns white hair to black but also stops the growth of white and grey hair. For this remedy, you will need sage leaves and water!
- Firstly, boil the sage leaves in a bowl of hot water.
- Remove the leaves from water and allow it to cool down at room temperature.
- Apply it to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash it with clean water
You can repeat the process once a week to get the best result.
Can White beard turn black?
White beard can be turned black yet again. Here are some of the best tips you need to follow!
1. Eat Vitamin enriched food
2. Drink Water regularly
3. Do proper Exercise
4. Quit Smoking and alcohol habits
5. Take less stress
Can white beard be reversed? White beard can be reversed back again by using natural remedies and ayurvedic treatment. These treatments are either natural beard dyes or natural vitamins to boost the production of melanin. Once it boosted the production, your beard turns to black yet again.