I typically prefer shaving my arms, but one friend of mine recommended me to try waxing it. As follows, I valiantly attempted it for the first time. You won’t believe me; the result I experienced was outstanding. I spotlessly cleaned my forearms with no cuts, and on top of that, it lasts longer than I expected.
Arm waxing is a process of shedding surplus hair by using wax. Over your arms, a thin layer of subtle wax is coated, and above that layer, a muslin strip is applied. When you instantly pull that strip, hair comes along with it, consequently providing you with unblemished skin. But the potential downside of it is that it hurts!
Let’s talk earnestly about it in detail!
Tips Before Waxing your arms!
Waxing itself is painful, but carefully following these tips helps you to reduce considerable pain.
Exfoliate Your Forearms
Before all else, you need to gently exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells. On top, it loosens an ingrown hair. As a consequence, it will be more straightforward to pull the strip. Thus, you will experience less pain.
Note: Don’t scrub too hard while exfoliating your skin because it might cause irritation.
You must focus more on proper sanitation which resists you from bacterial infection. Thus, beforehand waxing, you must clean your arms, which helps to remove dirt and germs from your skin.
After cleansing your skin, you now need to dab it using a clean towel to make it dry. Because waxing doesn’t work on wet hands. For soaking up the moisture, you can also use talcum powder. It secures your skin during waxing.
Don’t wax sunburn and irritated skin.
If you have hypersensitive skin, I won’t suggest trying waxing. It will irritate your skin and cause agonizing pain. Additionally, don’t try waxing in sunburn areas, wounds, and rashes.
How to properly apply wax in your arm?
You need to follow a top-down approach while waxing your arms. You should start waxing your hair from mighty shoulders down to the flexible wrist and finally to your gentle hands.
Let’s get started!
- Properly apply a thin layer of wax into your shoulder first. You need to apply wax in the specific direction of hair growth.
- Now cover it up with a muslin strip. Using your agile fingers, press the strip firmly. It ensures that the strip covers all the hair.
- At the last moment, pull the strip in the opposite direction. Make sure that you hold your skin taut. The advantage of pulling strip against the grain is that it plucks hairs from the root preventing ingrown hair.
- After you pull the strip, it will undoubtedly hurt. To minimize the considerable pain, you can cover the waxed skin with your hand. It will calm your pain after a few minutes. If you endure severe pain, you can try the numb powder.
- After you finished waxing your shoulders, you shift down to your wrist and simultaneously to your hands.
What To Do After Waxing?
Wipe out the residue
Normally, waxing kits comes up with wipes. You can use these wipes to remove leftovers from your skin. Off and on after cleaning everything, you might find some leftovers. For that to clean up, you can use tweezers.
Use Organic Skincare products like moisturizers.
After waxing, your skin turns dry and red. You can use a moisturizer to keep it hydrated. It not only hydrates your skin but also calms your skin. Some other products you can try are witch hazels and tea tree oil.
Exfoliate Your Skin Once again after 24 hours
Ingrown hair is one of the ordinary problems after shaving and waxing hair. To prevent ingrown hair, I suggest you exfoliate your skin once again after 24 hours, followed by applying skincare products. It results in providing you with smooth skin.
How long does it last?
Normally, waxing lasts for up to 3-6 weeks. But it absolutely depends upon the hair regrowth rate. If the growth rate of your hair is slower, then it could last a maximum of up to 6 weeks. Whereas, if the hair regrowth rate is faster, it couldn’t last more than 3 weeks.
Is it better to wax or shave arms?
To understand which one is better, let’s figure it out by comparing both of them!
|It completely removes hair from the root.||It removes hair only from the surface.|
|It is a semi-permanent hair removal method.||It is a non-permanent hair removal method.|
|It is quite expensive.||It is cheaper than waxing hair.|
|Waxing hurts more than shaving.||Shaving can cause cuts and razor burn.|
|The possibility of ingrown hair is low.||The possibility of ingrown hair is higher.|
|It lasts up to 3-6 weeks.||It doesn’t last long.|
From the above comparison, what I can decide is that if I need a clean cut that lasts longer in addition to no ingrown hair, I will prefer waxing. Otherwise, shaving is a better option.
Does arm hair grow back thicker after waxing?
Arm hair doesn’t grow back thicker after waxing. But perhaps I will say it is an illusion to our eyes because after waxing a freshly new coarse hair grows out from the root that looks silkier and denser than the previous hair. That makes up think that it causes to grow thicker hair.
Meanwhile, Waxing neither grows thick hair nor changes the rate of hair growth.
How much does it cost to wax arm?
If you are waxing your arm in a normal beauty parlour or if you are doing it by yourself, it wouldn’t cost you more than $25. But if you prefer Brazilian wax treatment, then it can costs you ranging from $50 to $150.
Pros and cons of waxing arms
- It completely removes hair from the root.
- You will have a smooth skin
- You won’t need to worry about ingrown hair
- It lasts longer
- You will need to suffer from neither any cuts nor any razor burns
- There is less possibility of having allergies.
- It is quick and allows you to remove hair from “hard to shave” areas.
- It is quite painful
- You need to pay around $50 – $150 for Brazilian waxing, which is partly expensive.
- If you have sensitive skin, it can cause irritation. Red skin is the result of waxing, but it fades out after some time.
- It can cause a reaction in sensitive skin.
- It is difficult to get it done by yourself.
Arm waxing is painful, but if you can tolerate its pain, it provides you with the best result. You will get the smooth arms with no cuts and razor burn. And above all, it lasts longer so that you won’t need to worry about your hair in your arms.