Apple cider vinegar is basically a juice turned into alcohol by fermentation. Not only is it good for health but also for facial hair.
Is Apple cider vinegar good for beards? There is no doubt in it. It removes build-up product and balances the PH of your facial skin. Moreover, it traps moisture in your beard and keeps it hydrated. It also prevents frizzy hair, split end and entangled beard.
Without further ado, let’s check:
Apple cider vinegar benefits for beard
Balance the PH of your skin
The beard will only grow healthy if the facial skin is fair. In order to keep it healthy, you can use apple cider vintage because it balances the PH of facial skin.
However, there are many factors that imbalances the PH of your skin. The environmental conditions like pollution and sunlight can imbalance it.
Applying creams, moisturizer, and other different products can also imbalances it.
Even consuming foods that are acidic in nature can disturb the PH.
Whatsoever might be the reason behind imbalance; you need to keep it balanced to keep your skin and beard healthy.
Thus, I suggest you rinse your face with Apple cider vinegar for once a week.
Removing product build-up
Your facial skin contains many build-up products that may not be foreseen but need to be removed. These build-ups can clog the pores and cause empty patches. Moreover, these build up products also cause dandruff.
It is equally responsible for acne and white bumps.
To remove build-up, you can use Apple cider vinegar.
Meanwhile, if you don’t like the smell of it, I can also suggest you use Lemon.
Seal your hair cuticle
Hair cuticles must be sealed to keep the moisture in the hair shaft for a long time. For sealing the cuticles, you can use Apple cider vinegar.
The benefits of sealing the hair cuticles are:
- It provides shine to your beard.
- It completely removes frizziness
- It prevents split end and
- It softens your beard and prevents hair breakage.
Prevent dry skin under your beard
While growing a beard, your focus must not be only on your beard. You also need to cleanse your skin your beard as well.
If you cleanse your skin often, it can prevent itchiness, irritation, inflammation and dandruff.
So, to clean your skin, you can also use Apple cider vinegar.
Detangles your beard
One of the common problem while growing beard is entangled beard. There is no particular reason why it entangles, but after reaching a certain length, it entangles by itself. It looks not so good and additionally while combing it will hurt.
If you really want to loosen up the nuts, you can use a natural detangler, i.e. Apple cider vinegar.
For other alternative detangle, you check our previous article on beard relaxer here!
Promotes beard growth
You can also use apple cider vinegar to promote beard growth. It improves blood circulation and can stimulate beard growth.
How to use apple cider vinegar on your beard?
You can either drink and can directly apply apple cider vinegar. If you are predominantly using it for beard, I suggest you apply it.
Over here, you can follow the methods.
- To begin with this, you will need a two tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar, one cup of water and a dispenser.
- Mix apple cider vinegar into water and pour it into a dispenser
- Initially, you will need to wash your beard with beard wash. While washing, don’t use ordinary soap and shampoo
- Now with the help of dispenser apply the Apple cider vinegar rinse.
- You start applying it with beard line to the middle of your beard and finally to the jaw bone.
- For applying it underneath, you will need to tilt your head back and dispense some of it into your beard.
- Once you dispense all of it, you will need to massage it for a few minutes and leave it.
- After five minutes, you will need to rinse it.
- Finally, after rinsing, apply some beard conditioners and moisturizers.
After it’s being completed, your beard will look healthy and will shine.
How often should your rinse your beard?
You can rise your beard with apple cider vinegar either in once a week or once a month or once a quarter. If you feel like, your face got build-ups, you can rinse with it.
There are steps, what to use after apple cider vinegar.
- Firstly apply apple cider vinegar into your beard.
- Rinse it with beard wash
- Apply beard conditioner
- And finally, apply beard oil or beard balm.
You can follow this step to get the effective result.
How much should you be using it?
1:1 ratio – 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 table spoon of water
1:3 ratio – 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 table spoon of water
You can follow the 1:1 or 1:3 ratio depending upon your beard. If you have a short beard, you can follow 1:3 ratio while if you have a long beard, you can follow 1:3 ratio.
Down Sides of It
It has some downsides as well:
- It has a sour taste and heavy smell which you might not like.
- If you apply it without diluting, it can cause irritation, dryness and can also damage your face.
Apple cider vinegar is perfect for beard growth. It improves blood circulation, removes build-up products, provides shine to your beard and keeps it hydrated.
Meanwhile, if you use it without dilution, it can cause dryness, irritation and can also damage your face.